TRENTON, N.J. – February 7, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Getting free advice on how to repair or rebuild your home to minimize future disaster damage is as easy as visiting your local home improvement store. Specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property.
This free service also offers information and publications on topics such as:
- Ridding a home of mold and mildew.
- Understanding flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Knowing the benefits of flood insurance.
- Elevating or anchoring utilities.
FEMA specialists are available daily from Tuesday, Feb. 5, to Saturday, Feb. 9, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following home improvement stores:
- Atlantic County—Home Depot, 6 Tower Ave., Egg Harbor, NJ 08234
- Atlantic County—Lowe’s, 6048 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor, NJ 08234
- Hudson County—Home Depot, 180 12th St., Jersey City, NJ 07310
- Hudson County—Lowe’s, 727 Route 440 N., Jersey City, NJ 07304
- Ocean County—Lowe’s, 520 Route 70, Brick, NJ 08723
- Ocean County—Home Depot, 244 S. Main St., Forked River, NJ 08731
- Ocean County—Home Depot, 1334 Lakewood Road, Toms River, NJ 08755
- Union County—Home Depot, 977 W. Grand St., Elizabeth, NJ 07202
For additional information, visit fema.gov/SandyNJ and click on “Mitigation Resources.”
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.